The beginning of a new year is always an excellent opportunity to look back at the last 12 months' highlights and see how far we've come. K2 Geospatial is no exception to this exercise and has therefore decided to identify the major events of 2021. Discover the details of these below.
- On Earth Day 2021, through the implementation of its policy to affirm environmental, social and governance (ESG) values, K2 Geospatial committed to contribute to the development of a digital economy that puts its creativity to the benefit of improving human well-being and social equity while protecting the environment. Through this policy, the company has formalized its commitment and integrated its social, environmental and ethical values into its corporate DNA.
Read more about it (French Only)
- Since April 2021, K2 has continued its internal digital transformation exercise by implementing a new ERP platform. An audit was first made to analyze the company's internal processes in relation to its level of digital maturity. Then, a crucial exercise (Industry 4.0 Audit) for the implementation of the platform was done. Finally, an invitation to tenders was launched in order to select the consulting firm and the tool that would meet the company's needs. The choice was made for the consulting firm Arche TI and the Odoo platform. Thanks to the financial support of Emploi Québec and Investissement Québec, in addition to the considerable support of Simon Charmberland of Arche IT, the Odoo platform became part of the daily life of the team members in January 2022
Several innovative projects have been carried out for our clients and partners.
- In March 2021, Info-Excavation has proceeded to the production of the web version of Info-UCN. This service, powered by JMap, has been developed again with the JMap NG application and enabled the exchange of information related to planning and coordinating excavation work within the urban coordination network, eased information exchanged inside and outside organizations, improved the quality of interventions, and helped reduce costs through effective planning and coordinated activities and by providing installations which support the sustainability of underground infrastructures. Read more.
- Since the start of the Réseau Express Métropolitain (REM) works, JMap has been serving the light rail transportation system construction. In 2021, the integration of drone data has been extended, as access to near real time information on the progress of the work has become a need for NouvLR. Read more.
- In the Fall of 2021, l'Agence Mamu Innu Kaikusseth (AMIK),an organization supporting the Côte-Nord region’s Innu communities in the sustainable development of the fishing industry based in Sept-Îles, acquired JMap. The project, named AMIK Carto, is part of the Atlas of Indigenous Sites and Uses of the Saint Lawrence River. Read more.
- A partnership between K2 and Berger-Levrault has led to innovation in the field of maintenance (CMMS). Indeed, the two partners worked on a common project for the city of Bécancour. The combination of geomatics and maintenance management is a must. The city of Bécancour also played an important role by agreeing to participate in this pilot project.
- In addition to these achievements, K2 Geospatial's international projects have been very exciting. These projects with partners in Europe, Africa and Latin America are well underway and will certainly continue to be so in 2022.
Evolution of the Technological Heritage
- Finally, K2 Geospatial has consolidated its technological heritage with the continuous evolution of the JMap suite; JMap Pro, JMap NG, JMap Survey and extensions. In addition, the company has significantly worked on the development of a new platform that will be available soon. Keep an eye on K2's LinkedIn and Twitter to not miss anything about it!